Spotting Mold In Your Property
Mold is part of the fungi family and can enter your home through doors, windows, air vents, clothing, shoes, and pets. Mold spores cannot grow inside unless the conditions are just right. The spores will latch onto various materials, including fabrics, carpet, paper, and wood. Mold thrives in spaces with lots of moisture and little light, including:
- Sinks, tubs, and showers
- Near leaky pipes
- Around windows
- In basements, crawl spaces, and attics
Mold can be various colors, spotted, and may appear to have a cotton-like or velvet-like texture. Touching or inhaling mold spores in your building can cause allergy-type symptoms like runny nose and congestion, sneezing, coughing, sore throat, headache, and lung irritation. You may be at a higher risk of infection if you already have allergies, asthma, COPD, cystic fibrosis, or a compromised immune system.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold remediation situation is different depending on the amount of mold present and where it is growing. However, the general mold remediation process will include the following steps:
- Repair the water problem to prevent new mold spores from growing
- Isolate the mold-contaminated area from the other parts of the building
- Control airborne spores by misting contaminated spots
- Vacuum mold-contaminated surfaces
- Clean and remove all moldy materials, including all wet and mold-contaminated material.
- Clean all non-porous materials
- Spray and scrub all unmovable structural elements
- Disinfect and deodorize the cleaned areas to remove and kill any remaining mold
- Dry all clean materials to ensure that no moisture is leftover. The use of dehumidifiers and fans can often speed this process up.
By using our all-natural ULV500 Disinfectant Spray and disinfection fogging packs, we clean and sanitize the formerly mold-contaminated area while using gentle and environmentally friendly products you can feel good about using on your property.